When it comes to quick and easy midweek meals, you can’t beat these super simple chipotle stuffed peppers. Our Chipotle Recipe is packed with smoky spices and a little chilli kick, making it the perfect flavourful filling without needing to add lots of extra ingredients. Simply stuff the peppers and melt over mozzarella for a light meal for two, or serve alongside your favourite protein for something a little more substantial. These work especially well when cooked in an air fryer, if you have one.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 red peppers
- 1 Nice Rice Chipotle rice pouch
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- Salad, to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C or 180°C fan (no need to preheat if using an air fryer).
2. Half the peppers lengthways and remove the seeds. Transfer to a baking tray or your air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Give your Nice Rice Chipotle pouch a good squeeze to separate the grains. Tear open at the top of the pouch and fill the pepper halves with the rice, spooning evenly across each half.
4. Tear or thinly slice the ball of mozzarella and place on top of the peppers. Return to the oven/air fryer for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown.
5. Serve with a side salad, and your choice of protein if you like.
6. Now it’s time to tuck in to some changemaking grains – enjoy!
7. Fancy making extra for lunches? These peppers will be delicious served cold the next day, just remember not to heat your rice twice.