The key to a banging burrito is to pack flavour and texture into every element. The beauty of this recipe is that by using our smoky Chipotle rice with a little kick of chilli, you’ll save tonnes of time and effort but still get delicious results! Trust us, once you’ve tried it, you won’t want a burrito any other way.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 pack NICE RICE Chipotle ready-to-heat rice
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- A glug of olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- A small handful fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- A small handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ a small red onion, chopped
- ½ green or red chilli, chopped
- A small handful of shredded lettuce
- A small handful of grated cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 extra large wraps (or 4 large wraps)
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Set a griddle or frying pan on a high heat. Add a glug of oil to a dish and throw in the chicken thighs and chipotle paste. Mix everything together until the chicken is well coated. Set aside.
- To make a tomato salsa, chop the cherry tomatoes into quarters and finely dice the red onion and chilli. Mix a bowl, then add half the roughly chopped coriander, a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lime. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make a simple guacamole, halve the avocado then scoop the flesh into a separate bowl. Add the zest and rest of the lime juice, the remaining coriander, the crushed garlic clove and a pinch of salt. Mash together until you’re happy with the consistency.
- Add a little oil to the hot griddle pan and cook the chicken thighs for 5-6 mins on each side until cooked through and nicely charred. Place on a chopping board and slice.
- Squeeze your Chipotle rice pouch to separate the grains, before tearing a 2cm opening at the top. Pop into the microwave on full power for 90 seconds until piping hot. Leave to stand for a minute before opening fully. Meanwhile, shred the lettuce and grate the cheddar cheese, then set aside.
- Place each of the wraps on a chopping board and smother with half the sour cream. Add a good dollop of guacamole and tomato salsa, then layer on a few tablespoons of the Chipotle rice (you need to be able to close the burrito, so pack it in tightly!) Add some sliced chicken, a sprinkle of cheddar, some shredded lettuce and a squeeze of lime. Finally, tightly wrap your burrito by folding in the two sides first, then rolling the bottom edge over the top of all the ingredients, pulling gently towards you to ensure everything’s secure, then rolling all the way over to seal on the bottom touching the board.
- Place in a hot frying pan on the folded edge for a couple of minutes to seal shut. Keep rotating to give a lightly browned, slightly crispy outside layer on all sides. Remove to a plate and slice in half.
Now it's time to tuck in to some changemaking grains - enjoy!