Fluffy fried rice topped with crispy chilli oil is a match made in heaven, but actually frying your rice in it is a really quick and easy way to dial up the flavour! Our ready-to-heat Pure Basmati is ideal for pulling a substantial meal together in minutes, and throwing in a few kitchen staples transforms this into a midweek winner. A handful of frozen peas brings a little sweetness, a fried egg adds filling protein, and a sprinkle of chopped spring onion brings colour and a freshness.
Ingredient (serves 2):
- 2 heaped tbsp crispy chilli oil
- 1 Nice Rice Pure Basmati ready-to-heat pouch
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
1. Heat the chilli oil in a frying pan. Squeeze the rice pouch to separate the grains, then tea open and pour into the pan, breaking up any remaining clumps with a wooden spatula.
2. Add the frozen peas, then stir-fry the rice and peas in the oil, tossing to coat every grain. Cook for 3-5 minutes, then season to taste.
3. Meanwhile, fry the eggs in a separate pan to your liking. (Our preference is crispy edges to the white and a runny yolk!)
4. Divide the rice between two bowls and top each portion with a fried egg. Spinkle over the spring onions, and add a little more chilli oil spooned over the top, if you fancy.
5. Now it's time to tuck in to some changemaking grains - enjoy!