This recipe first appeared in the plant-based feature of Waitrose Weekend in June 2023, where we were chuffed to be included alongside plant-based champions OGGS and Cauldron. Packed with protein and crunchy fresh veg, this is a super quick and tasty recipe for you to get your teeth into.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 Nice Rice Pure Basmati pouches
- 396g pack Cauldron Original Tofu, cubed
- 2½ tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ head of broccoli, separated into small florets, stalk finely sliced
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 33ml bottle OGGS Whole Egg Alternative
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 25g pack coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 1-2 limes
- Lay the tofu cubes on a few pieces of kitchen paper, cover with more paper and leave to drain for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok over a high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the tofu to the pan and fry without moving for 2-3 minutes, until the underside is golden. Repeat 2-3 times more until the tofu is almost entirely golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Heat a large wok with 1 tbsp oil over a high heat. Once very hot, add the onion and broccoli and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until softening and golden.
- Massage the packs of rice to break up the grains, then tip them into the pan with the sweetcorn and stir fry for another 10 minutes, scraping the rice off the sides of the pan if it starts to stick.
- Add the garlic and ginger and continue to fry for 2 minutes more, then scrape everything to one side of the wok, tilt it slightly so the bare side is over the heat, and add the remaining oil.
- Tip in the whole egg alternative and let the base set without stirring. Stir to bring the set mixture to the top and allow the liquid to replace it, then repeat until the mixture is scrambled. Stir it back through the rice and cook everything for another minute or so.
- Stir through the tofu, soy, most of the coriander and lime juice to taste, then divide between bowls.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and serve with lime wedges and extra soy, if liked.
Now it’s time to tuck in to some changemaking grains - enjoy!