Rice bowls using ready-to-heat rice pouches are a saviour when time's not on your side. This one is full of fresh and healthy flavours from sweet, rich sun-dried tomatoes, fresh parsley, creamy goats’ cheese and crunchy green tenderstem broccoli. But of course it’s really adaptable too - try adding olives, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, or whatever else you fancy!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 pack Nice Rice Wholegrain Basmati
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- 80g sundried tomatoes (drained weight)
- 70g soft goats' cheese or feta
- Handful parsley
1. Cut the larger stalks of broccoli in half lengthways. Place in a microwaveable bowl with a splash of water and steam in the microwave - with the lid on - for 4 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam or boil the broccoli in a pan on the hob.
2. Separate the rice grains by giving the Nice Rice Wholegrain Basmati pouch a good squeeze. Tear open 2cm at the top and cook for 90 seconds in the microwave on full power until piping hot. Leave to stand for a minute before opening fully.
3. Chop the parsley and sundried tomatoes. Mix with the cooked rice and crumble the goats' cheese on top. Season to taste with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
4. Serve topped with the steamed broccoli and dig in!