This super tasty salad couldn't be simpler - coming together in just 5 easy steps and less than 15 minutes. Courgette works so well eaten raw in ribbons, giving the dressing plenty of surface area to cling to. Paired with our Provençal Herb rice - which is full of flavour from thyme, rosemary, pumpkin seeds and mushroom - it creates a hearty, herby dish with a satisfying bite. Plus you can make double to take for lunch the next day, if you fancy!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 Nice Rice Provençal Herb rice pouch
- 1 large courgette (or 2 medium sized ones)
- 1 block of halloumi
- 80g yoghurt
- 2 tbsp green pesto
1. Take your Provençal Herb rice pouch and squeeze well to separate the grains. Tear a 2cm opening at the top of the pouch, then cook on full power in the microwave for 90 seconds until piping hot. Leave to stand for a minute before opening fully.
2. Peel the courgette into ribbons. You might need to discard the very centre when it gets hard to peel.
3. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, then add a little oil. Slice the halloumi and fry for a few minutes on both sides until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt, pesto and a tablespoon of water in a small bowl, then set aside.
5. Layer the courgette ribbons on a plate, with the rice and halloumi on top. Finish by dolloping the pesto dressing evenly across the salad.
6. Now it's time to tuck in to some changemaking grains - enjoy!