Packed with zesty lemon and chopped fresh herbs, this dish is perfect as a quick working-from-home lunch, or a light summery supper / dinner.
Our rich and savoury Provençal Herb rice is lifted by the addition of zesty lemon and chopped fresh herbs. Ideal as a quick working-from-home lunch, a light summery supper, or even as a side dish to grilled chicken or baked white fish.
- 1 Nice Rice Provençal Herb rice pouch
- Half a punnet of closed cup chestnut mushrooms (brushed clean and sliced)
- 3tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 large clove garlic (crushed)
- Finely grated zest and juice of half a lemon
- A handful of fresh soft herbs (we used parsley, chives and tarragon, but you can mix and match with whatever you’ve got!)
- Finely grated Parmesan
- A sprinkle of extra pumpkin seeds, if you like
- Flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Brush your mushrooms clean with some kitchen paper and chop into chunky slices. Fry in olive oil over a medium-high heat, stirring regularly, until the edges just start to caramelise. Add a knob of butter to bubble around the mushrooms and crush in the garlic clove, swirling the pan for around a minute, until the garlic is fragrant and the mushrooms are golden brown.
2. Set the mushrooms aside to cool for a second whilst you pop your Provencal Herb pouch into the microwave. Squeeze pouch well to separate the grains, tear a 2cm opening at the top of the pouch, then cook on full power for 90 seconds until piping hot. Leave to stand for a minute before opening fully.
3. Meanwhile, add the chopped herbs to your olive oil and give them a stir, before adding the zest and juice of half a lemon. Sprinkle in some sea salt and a good crack of black pepper, then toss your garlicy mushrooms through the dressing.
4. Tip the rice out into two shallow bowls and top with the mushrooms. Drizzle over any remaining herby oil, before finishing with the finely grated parmesan and a sprinkle of extra pumpkin seeds.
Now it’s time to tuck in to some changemaking grains - enjoy!